We are pleased to confirm that for 2018 we are making changes to the format of the Ipswich Building Society Twilight Road Races, to build on the success of the event and give all abilities the opportunity to participate in the races.
The 10k race will remain a mass participation run to beat the sunset, open to runners of all levels and abilities and will take place on Friday 3 August 2018. The race will start and finish outside Suffolk New College on Rope Walk, with participants once again taking in many of Ipswich’s iconic buildings such as the Willis building and Giles Circus.
We’re transforming the 5k race into an afternoon of athletics on Ipswich Waterfront, to be held on Saturday 12 May 2018, where a series of races will take place leading up to the Ipswich Building Society’s Twilight 5k Elite race, starting at 7pm.
Proposed Schedule of Races, Saturday 12 May:
- 1:45pm Daily Mile
- 2:15pm Most Active County (MAC) Family 2km Run
- 3pm ABP Business Challenge (5km)
- 4pm Q & A session with one of the invited guests – Approx. 30 minute session with one of the invited athletes in a lecture theatre in University of Suffolk.
- 5pm 30min and over Run – 5km run for those expecting to take over 30 minutes. Time limit of 45 minutes to be applied to allow course to be cleared for 6pm wave.
- 6pm 20min to 30min Run – 5km run for those expecting to take between 20 and 30 minutes. Time limit of 45 minutes to be applied to allow course to be cleared for 6pm wave.
- 7pm Ipswich Building Society Elite 5k Race Start – 5km run for those who can complete the course in under 20 mins, male and female. Limited spaces available for this race.
Entries for the 10k are open now, with the new events available to enter from 14 February.