East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) have been chosen as the official charity partner for this year’s Ipswich Building Society Twilight Road Races.
A number of applications seeking sole charity partner status were received this year, with EACH securing the partnership to drive their fundraising efforts to care and support children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
Richard Norrington, Chief Executive at Ipswich Building Society, commented: “We are delighted to welcome EACH as the charity partner for this year’s Twilight races. Selecting a charity partner to raise awareness at both races is a great platform for fundraising at what has become one of the biggest events in the Suffolk running calendar.
Jo White, Community Fundraiser at EACH, commented: “We are thrilled to be chosen as this year’s beneficiary for such a terrific and well-supported event. EACH relies so heavily on voluntary donations and fundraising to provide the care and support we do for local families at The Treehouse in Ipswich. We urge as many people as possible to take part, and to sponsor friends and family. EACH is incredibly grateful to Ipswich Building Society for their superb and continued support.”
If you have signed up to either of the races or would like to sign up and fundraise for EACH, you are encouraged to get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
• We care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk, and support their families.
• We offer families flexibility and control over where they receive their care and support, including where their child dies – at home, in hospital or at one of three hospices at Milton (Cambridge), The Nook (Norfolk) and The Treehouse (Ipswich).
• Our family-centred approach includes specialist nursing care, symptom management support, short breaks, wellbeing activities, therapies and counselling, all meeting the individual needs of the child, young person and whole family.
• We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and each year need to raise £6.4 million from fundraising and £4.9 million in income from our shops.
• EACH Royal Patron – Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
• For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call the Suffolk fundraising office on 01473 917965.